Hello! I am very excited to be nominated for the Liebster Award. I never imagined anyone to ever recognize me and I am very appreciative. I was nominated for this award by an amazing fashion blogger name Shenell Dujour. I didn't have any idea what Liebster Award was until I did my research. Its basically an award that exist on the internet that is given by a blogger to another blogger. This award was created to recognize and discover new bloggers and welcome them to the blogosphere. The rules are as follow:
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
1. thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a "widget" or a "gadget". (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
3. answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. provide 11 random facts about yourself.
5. nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
6. create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
7. list these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
1. What has been your number one goal/mission as a blogger?
My goal/mission as a blogger is to aspire to inspire individuals to be themselves regardless how society portray how individuals should look, dress, act, and who to become. I want people to realize they are beautiful and he or she does not have to be like the person next door, in magazines, on social media and also reality TV stars. I want people to be able feel and think they were Born Free to be themselves despite society, their flaws and their insecurities they face with day to day living. I want people to be able to look at style and also be able to get a glimpse of my day to day living (basically my personal diary with pictures).
2. Where are you from and how does that influence you as a blogger?
I am from Starkville, Mississippi, which is a very small town which lacks a lot of style. It influences me because people look at Mississippi as country and still facing racial issues. I want people to see that this small town Mississippi girl has a lot to offer with her styles and would like for the world to see that I am not just an African American female that is in a state that is known for slavery but I am a woman who is making a difference in being free and able to live free through my fashion.
3. What's the one piece of advice you would give a new blogger?
Always remain true to yourself no matter what. Do not feel like you have to do or be like the next person or blogger. Always speak and be your truth no matter what others think of you. Remain focus and always blog because it is a passion of yours and do not beat yourself up if you are not reaching out to enough people. Last but not least, remain prayed up and remember God has your back when you feel like giving up.
4. What was the driving force behind your decision to become a blogger?
My driving force will have to be the fact I want to have a voice for people who feel the need to make others happy and the need to help build self confidence and self esteem. I want people to see how materialistic things does not make you happy and what is on the inside is what makes you beautiful and happy. I want people to see that everyday people face the same adversities as each other and its ok to be express your feelings and problems. I feel like my story and my life can help each individual be who they imagined themselves to be regardless on how people want them to be.
5. What is something that you can't live without?
I cant live without my phone. I have my phone on me at all times. I wake up in the middle of my night to check my phone and browse the web. I know that is extremely sad but that is the honest truth. I know I am addicted to my cell phone and I cant imagine life without it lol.
6. If you could collaborate with one person who would it be and why?
I would love to collaborate with Micah Gianneli and Romeo's Fashion Fix. They are two women who I admire their fashion and sense of style. I would love to meet them to hear their story and how they became a fashion blogger.
7. How would you describe your style?
My style is very eclectic. I don't really have a certain style. It will depend on the day and my mood. I may feel glam one day, chic the next, tomboy and so on. I don't like to be categorized in one group because that is not who I am. I am very free spirit and will always remain that way. I am that girl that will put trash bag on and add accessories to complete the look and will walk out the house with confidence. I am just that girl who loves and fashion and putting different styles together.
8. How long have you been a blogger?
I have been blogging for eight months but it doesn't feel long because its something I really love doing.
9. What lasting impression do you want to leave on the blogging world?
I was able to help motivate, uplift, and listen to your thoughts and help bring those to life. I hope to build self-confidence and boost individuals self esteem with this magical makeup over on the inside and outside. My goal is to bring the "YOU" out and show the world that hidden beauty "YOU" are keeping from yourself and the world.
10. What was the one item you couldn't leave without while shopping?
I don't have a particular item that I must purchase while shopping. If I like something I will purchase if I can create different looks with it (especially if its pricey). I am more of a thrifter so if I find a treasure then its going home with me!
11. Lipstick or Lipgloss?
I am more of a lipstick gal. I can do without the lipgloss, in which i think its a waste of money.
Jessica Fraser of: http://theeshopaholic.com/
Penelope of: http://www.styledbypenelope.com/
Born By Style of: http://www.bornbystyle.blogspot.com/
Amaraavee of: http://www.amiraavee.com/#intro-shift
Christina Pimentel of: www.thefuschiafiles.com
Krich of: www.krichconsulting.com
Kristia Franklin of: www.myrepeatoffender.com
Keshia White of: www.queenlifeblog.com
Style Fetish of: Instagram: stylefetish
Toni Posh of: www.thefashionmill.com
Anita of: www.fashionbyanita.com
Alexia Sharell of: www.alexiawinfield.com
FASHIONISTAS LISTED BELOW ARE YOUR QUESTIONS!!
1. Why did you become a fashion blogger?
2. What inspired you to pursue fashion/styling?
3. What is your favorite accessory?
4. What is your favorite website to shop?
5. How would you describe your style?
6. List your five favorite most inspiring blogs?
7. How do you motivate yourself to blog regularly?
8. Name the essential ingredient of a good blog according to you.
9. How would you explain what blogging is to someone who has never heard of it?
10. What is one thing you love most about blogging?
11. Story behind the name of your blog.
HAVE FUN AND DO NOT FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE!!